About Me

My photo
I love to write, it is my passion. I've now been published twice and I plan on becoming a world-renown author once out of high school. I also plan on becoming a high school English teacher because I live for English and Lit.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Poem For English Class

For English class, we had to write a poem with similes in it. We got to choose our subject, and so mine was on Edgar Allan Poe :)

My Hero
A Tribute to Edgar Allan Poe, Featuring References to a Few Pieces of His Works.



Edgar Allan Poe
Is a legend from head to toe.
He makes everything
As dark as night.

The depth of it all
Is quite the opposite of small.
His loneliness is like the
Narrator and his “lost Lenore”.

Death is manifest;
Edgar’s life had been a battlement.
Like the people whose lives
Ended in “The Masque Of The Red Death”.

Lies, deception, plotting,
Dreaming, ravens, suffering, and rotting,
Are all words and themes that are
Like air to Edgar Allan Poe.

“The Balloon Hoax”
Shot ideas out like a stick in spokes.
Looking for a simile in this story
Is as pointless as Facebook.

 Edgar’s life is a memorial
And not like “The Premature Burial”.
He left a legacy in the world
Like the harsh words upon the midget in “Hop Frog”.

My twin, my hero;
Edgar was always thought as zero.
Life to him seemed as far away
As it was in “A Dream Within A Dream”.

No comments:

Post a Comment