About Me

My photo
I love to write, it is my passion. I've now been published twice and I plan on becoming a world-renown author once out of high school. I also plan on becoming a high school English teacher because I live for English and Lit.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Story for English Class

For English Class, we had to write a final scene for the play "Pen Of My Aunt", and we could do it in the form of a play or with a story- or both. 
Of course, I wrote it as a story. 
Have fun reading, and soon I shall have another book review up!



A year later, after the stranger had gotten a ride to the Marnay crossroads with the corporal, the stranger came back to tell Madam the rest of his tale. 
“Hello, Simone; nice meeting you again,” the stranger said once Simone had opened the door. She scowled in remembrance and opened her mouth to yell at him to go away when Madam walked around the corner to see what all of the ruckus was about. She gasped, taken aback by the sight of the stranger, and quickly shook his hand.
“Welcome back, my good sir. Have you come to tell me the tale?” Madam asked as she mounted the stairs with the stranger and Simone on her heels.
“Yes, Madam; I have come back to tell you of my adventures with the corporal, and how I managed. But be willing to sit of a while, for this tale is considerably longer than most.”
Madam nodded her agreement, and after a few transferred orders to Simone to fetch some tea, she told the stranger to speak.
“It all began when the corporal took off in the car . . .




“‘Sir, are you quiet alright?” I asked the corporal as he pulled over to the side of the road. We were still a few hours away from where he was supposed to drop me off and I wasn’t actually concerned with the well being of this man. In fact, I couldn’t care less. The corporal coughed and coughed until he couldn’t breathe. 
“Don’t make me kill you Frenchman,” the corporal managed to get out. I leaned back, my eyebrows raised.  
“If you say so, but I suggest that you listen to me.” I growled, pulling out the knife that was sheathed on his side. “You’re going to take me to the crossroads, or so help me you won’t make it out of this car.”
The corporal sat up straight with fear in his eyes. “Who are you?” he asked, stifling another cough.
“I’m just a stranger that you’re taking to the crossroads without comment, so get a move on it!” 
The corporal put his foot down on the gas, kicking up rocks and dust behind us as he sped down the road.
We sat in silence until we arrived to our destination, and even then the corporal tried not to cough. 
“Thank you, sir,” I sneered with a grin on my face, “for the ride. You won’t breathe a word about this trip, now will you?” I asked sarcastically and slammed the door on my way out. I could feel his eyes on me as I walked away. I began walking the two miles to the Cherfils farmhouse. I gave them the note from Madam, and they reluctantly gave me a room to stay in.
The night went by in a blur, and then I was off before dawn to get to Crest. Taking heed to Madam’s warning, I was carful when going to Forty Avenue Foch, and knocking on the back door.  An angry looking man answered and I told him Madam sent me. Beaming, he clapped my back and left me to find a bed in the room.
I was off the next morning came and went with a long walk to Mans, and it was almost dusk when I got to the Red Lion. The potboy answered the door to the inn, and when I gave him the same message, he let me in and gave me the best room in the house. He invited me to stay two days and I kindly declined on behalf of Madam. I couldn’t take that much of her hospitality.  
But, unfortunately, I only made it as far as Denis the blacksmith in Laloupe on my trip. I showed up and he didn’t believe me, hitting me in the head with a hammer.


I woke up a few days later in a barn with a splitting headache. I touched my head and I felt the dried blood flaking off in chunks. I slowly walked to the nearest creek and bathed, having not done so at the Red Lion. Feeling cleaner, I redressed and went to find Denis again.
I walked into the shop and there were three others in the shop, looking at the goods. I smiled; it’s always good to have witnesses around. I asked for Denis and I was told to wait a few minutes. When he came out from the back, he turned an angry shade of red- almost on the verge of a shade of purple.
“Get out of my shop, you lying Frenchman!” he yelled loudly, shocking the customers milling around.
I laughed and sauntered up to him. “You tell me to leave, and yet I just came for help. Madam told me to give you this if you had a problem.” I handed over a piece of paper. Denis calmed down once he read it and cracked a grin. 
“She’s always doing that to those beasts,” he laughed and so did everyone else, though they had no idea what was going on. “I’m sorry for hitting you the other night.”
“I shouldn’t forgive you, but since I am in need of a place to stay the night I will give you forgiveness” I shook his hand and smiled. “So, where am I staying?”


Once I had left Denis’, I was on my way to my back to my army regiment. I cheerfully walked into camp and everyone welcomed me back.
The rest of the time went by uneventfully. I was given a month’s leave and I decided to take that time to visit Madam and give her the good news. But on my way, I hit a rough spot.
The shiny corporal met me on the roadside.
He offered to give me ride back to Madam’s and I took the ride. We sat in silence for most of the drive, and then he pulled over on the outskirts of town. “Show me your papers, sir.”
“I’m sorry, but I seem to have forgotten them back at home again.” My knee twitched nervously, and I had a brief heart attack.
“Then we shall get them then,” he started up the car again and dropped me off at Madam’s home. “Get going then,” he shooed me to the doors and I ran up the steps. This is where Simone met me and brought me up here.” I said, bringing my story to a stop.”




Madam laughed and Simone joined in. “Do you plan on leaving him out there forever?” She asked with a sly grin.
“What else do you expect me to do? I don’t want to bring that monster back into your house.”
“Should I send Simone out there to dispose of him?” Madam asked, keeping her smile.
“No, let’s let the foolish man wait until he realizes that I’m not coming back out.” The stranger said, waving his hand. 
“No, sir, I think it would best if Simone went out there and told him that your papers are scattered and some ended up in coat pockets again. How ironic that it shall happen again,” Madam plotted.
“Yes, that will be quite amusing to do.” The stranger slid forward in his chair, taking a small cake to eat. “Sure, send Simone out there; I just hope she comes back. He wasn’t very happy with me.”
Simone left with a grimace and returned after a few minutes smiling. “He swallowed the lie,” she said.
“Then, on this note, I shall take my leave permanently. I thank you for all that you have done for me, Madam and Simone. I shall be off back to the Army now.” The stranger got up and left, leaving Simone and Madam smiling behind him.

1 comment: